The German National Honor Society, Delta Phi Alpha, has an active chapter at UNO: Theta
* Recognizes outstanding scholarship in German language and literature, and
* Works to increase the knowledge and appreciation of the German contribution to world culture.
To be eligible for membership in Delta Phi Alpha, one must:
1. have a minimum of two years of University German or equivalent with the attainment of sophomore
standing, including the completion of at least one upper division course in German (above 2120) at the University of Nebraska
2. maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.75;
3. maintain a GPA of 3.3 in German.
Members are eligible for local and national scholarships. In addition, through the Goethe Institute
Testing Center UNO students may take the internationally recognized German language proficiency examinations: Zertifikat Deutsch
and Zentrale Mittelstufenprüfung. For information contact Dr. Anthony Jung at email@example.com.